Thursday, May 05, 2005

Ground Rules for Comments

I am certain that there are no circumstances under which I will cease being liberal and I am certain that Dadmanly feels similarly about his conservatism. With that in mind, I'm not concerned with anything he said or will say in the future on his own very conservative blog to his own very conservative audience. Likewise, he's not going to look at my very liberal blog for reasons to get upset with me.

We hope that visitors to the Debate Space blog will do the same. There has already been one comment from a visitor here about something I posted on my own blog - that is against the rules and unacceptable.

We hope that we can keep ourselves from descending into the same old cauldron of anger and name calling - here at Debate Space, at least. Thanks.

4 Comments:

At 1:17 PM, Blogger wanda said...

I for one applaud you both for your attempt to find a way to bridge the gap.
If our leaders cannot accomplish this feat, maybe we can show them how.
I firmly believe that if we will only listen, open our hearts and our minds, we will all find we have more in common than we realize.
Lead us on, gentlemen!

 
At 1:18 PM, Blogger devildog6771 said...

I commend you both for this endeavor. It is a great day indeed to see such opposing veiws discussed not argued in such a mature manner. It is a great step toward all people learning how to live together peacefully though they be of different ideologies. Thank you both!

 
At 9:12 AM, Blogger Lance Salyers said...

This is a fabulous enterprise! I will be adding this blog to my blogroll and visiting often.

 
At 4:19 PM, Blogger RepubAnon said...

This is an excellent idea. Too often blogs (right and left) sing to their respective ideological choir members and become groupthink swamps. It is nice to see people discussing issues rather than engaging in name-calling.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home